Saturday, June 20, 2009

Orwell Said This Would Happen

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. "

"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns, as it were, instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish squirting out ink."

George Orwell.

So it turns out that the closest city to me, Lancaster PA, is now one of the most camera infested cities in America. I can't help but noticed that Mayor Grey, one of the leftest leaning mayors I can remember, was in office when this change came about. I'm very nervous about the level of acceptance with a literal Big Brother incursion. I think that the world of Orwell's 1984 must have come about just as gradually. I wonder about the sacrifice here, and if it really equates itself to greater security. This is not a new argument, and I'll allow the reader to consider the debate on it's own merits as laid out by those far better equipped then myself.

The biggest shock to me is how quietly it was able to be achieved. I'm sure I must have heard about the plan in some context, but I don't recall anything this encompassing or this intrusive being described.

The goals of a leftist government are summed up in control of the activities of the every day population. Information is and observation are the key tools. Something done is secret has a power all it's own because the powers that be cannot observe it. I think that a certain level of crime is an unfortunate byproduct of individuality. The best way to eliminate crime is to destroy all individuality.
Nobody ever got mugged in an ant farm

No comments: